Thursday Doubles Evening, Draw 3
Mixed Doubles Thursday Evening, Draw 3
- Thursday evenings at 730 p.m.
- Enter individually or as a team of two, ideally one male and one female.
- A total of 6 rocks for each team are used with 1 rock being placed and 5 rocks delivered.
- One placed rock is positioned touching the back of the 4-foot ring straddling the center line (Position A).
- The opposition's placed rock goes on the Center Line midway between the rings and the Hog Line (position B).
- At the start of each end one team chooses to place their rock either in Position A or B .
- Then the Opposition rock is placed by the other team at the remaining vacant Position A or B.
- Choice of rock position is won by a coin toss at the start and each end thereafter by the team losing the previous end.
- After a blank end choice of rock position changes to the other team.
- The team with their rock in Position A (back of the 4-foot) has Hammer.
- Of a team's 5 delivered rocks one player throws the 1st and last rock while the other player throws the 2nd, 3rd and 4th rock.
- Before each end, teams choose which player will throw their 1st and last rock.
- The 5-Rock Free Guard Zone Rules apply but includes all rocks in play so no take-outs allowed by the first three delivered rocks.
- When any rock(s) is illegally removed from play, it is returned to its position by the non-offending team and the offending delivered rock is removed from play.
- Normal sweeping rules apply.
- Games are 8 ends but, if tied after 8 ends, an extra end can be played toward the glass to break the tie.
- A 'Powerplay' can be choosen in any end (except an extra end) by the team choosing rock position as hammer.
- In a 'Powerplay' position A rock is in front of the Tee Line - at the junction of the 8-foot circle and the 12-foot circle- on either side of the rings.
- The 'Powerplay' position B rock is a midway guard in direct line from the throwing hack to position A.
- A team may choose the 'Powerplay' option only once in a game.
Copyright © , Wiarton & District Curling Club , All rights reserved.