Thursday Doubles Afternoon, Draw 1
Mixed Doubles Thursday Afternoon, Draw 1
- Thursday afternoons at 1:30 pm. If more than 10 teams, then two draws are needed and times will be 1:15 to 3pm and 3:15 to 5pm.
- Enter individually or as a team of two, ideally one male and one female.
- A total of 6 rocks for each team are used with 1 rock being placed and 5 rocks delivered.
- One placed rock is positioned straddling the center line with its back edge at the back edge of the four-foot (Position A).
- The opposition's placed rock goes on the Center Line midway between the rings and the Hog Line (position B).
- At the start of each end one team chooses to place their rock either in Position A or B .
- Then the Opposition rock is placed by the other team at the remaining vacant Position A or B.
- Choice of rock position is won by a coin toss at the start and each end thereafter by the team losing the previous end.
- After a blank end choice of rock placement changes to the other team.
- The team with their rock in Position A (behind the pin hole) has Hammer.
- Of a team's 5 delivered rocks one player throws the 1st and last rock while the other player throws the 2nd, 3rd and 4th rock.
- Before each end, teams choose which player will throw the 1st and last rock.
- The 5-Rock Free Guard Zone Rules apply but includes all rocks in play so no take-outs by the first three delivered rocks.
- When any rock is illegally removed from play, it is returned to its position by the non-offending team and the offending delivered rock is removed from play.
- Normal sweeping rules apply.
- Games are 8 ends but, if tied after 8 ends and time permits, an extra end can be played toward the glass to break the tie.
- A 'Powerplay' can be choosen in any end (except an extra end) by the team choosing first rock placement.
- In a 'Powerplay' position A rock in front of and tangent to theTee Line at the outer edge of the 8-foot circle- on either side of the house.
- The 'Powerplay' position B rock is a midway guard in direct line from the throwing hack to position A.
- A team may choose the 'Powerplay' option only once in a game.
- Standings are based on points for a Win, a Tie, and a Loss. Zero points for a default Loss. Score and Ends are both tracked but have no value except in breaking standing ties.
- Tie breaking heirarchy is 1) head to head; if still tied 2) higher net score points (scores for less scores against); if still tied 3) higher net ends (ends won less ends lost);
Copyright © , Wiarton & District Curling Club , All rights reserved.