Thursday Doubles Evening, Draw 1
|League Info||Member Info||Roster||Schedule||Standings|
Mixed Doubles Evening, Schedule 1
- Thursday evenings at 730 p.m.
- Enter individually or as a team of two, ideally one male and one female.
- A total of 6 rocks for each team are used with 1 rock being placed and 5 rocks delivered.
- One placed rock is positioned straddling the Center Line with the back edge of the rock at the back edge of the 4-foot ring (Position A).
- The opposition's placed rock goes on the Center Line midway between the rings and the Hog Line (position B).
- At the start of each end one team chooses to place their rock either in Position A or B .
- Then the Opposition rock is placed by the other team at the remaining vacant Position A or B.
- Choice of rock position is won by a coin toss at the start and each end thereafter by the team losing the previous end.
- After a blank end choice of rock placement changes to the other team.
- The team with their rock in Position A (the back of the 4-foot) has Hammer.
- Of a team's 5 delivered rocks one player throws the 1st and last rock while the other player throws the 2nd, 3rd and 4th rock.
- Before each end, teams choose which player will throw the 1st and last rock.
- The 5-Rock Free Guard Zone Rules apply but includes all rocks in play so no take-outs by the first three delivered rocks.
- When any rock is illegally removed from play, it is returned to its position by the non-offending team and the offending delivered rock is removed from play.
- Normal sweeping rules apply.
- Games are 8 ends but, if tied after 8 ends, an extra end can be played toward the glass to break the tie. The losing team after an extra end still gets 'Tie' points.
- A 'Powerplay' can be choosen in any end (except an extra end) by the team choosing first rock placement.
- In a 'Powerplay' position A rock is in front of and tangent to the Tee Line - half in the 8-foot circle and half in the 12-foot circle- on either side of the rings.
- The 'Powerplay' position B rock is a midway guard in direct line from the throwing hack to position A.
- A team may choose the 'Powerplay' option only once in a game.
- Points are 10 for a Win, 7.5 for a Tie, 5 for a Loss and 0 for a default (no game was played). Scores and Ends are tracked but have no point value used only to breaks Ties in the standings.
- Tie Break method, is 1) head to head, and if still tied 2) accumulated net difference in scores 'for' and 'against', and if still tied 3) accumulated ends won less ends lost.